Ink & Red Acrylic Paintings

 'Little Blood Riding Hood'
 'Evil Pinocchio'
 'Wicked Witch'
 'Ophelia'


'Victorian Bunny'

Inktober work, 2017
Brief:
Inktober is a drawing challenge where you spend every day in October drawing using ink and a paint brush. It was designed to improve your drawing skills and get away from digital art and painting.

Concept:
Some were based on a horror version of fairy-tales, and some were illustrations I've been wanting to make in my free time for a while now. 

Solution:
I used black Indian ink and red paint to create some different pieces of work. I used black ink both pure and watered down in different levels of ratio to create watercolour-like effects in some of the paintings, using the red paint only for small highlights to bring a bit of colour back into them. I used the same red throughout all of the pieces to bring them together at the end. 


SHANNON WOODFIELD.

No comments:

Post a Comment